Thursday, August 23, 2007

What made Riyo Mori busy last few months?



I am so sorry that I stopped writing my blog for such a long time. I was simply too busy and away from my personal computer.....I will try to write as much as I can from now on!

I want to tell you everything about my life in New York, what I have being doing so far. Also about the different places that I have visited since I won. Incredible.... It has already been 2 months since I left Mexico City! I feel like I already spent 6 months here in the States.

My first trip was Canada. I went there in order to obtain my U.S VISA. Actually, each year, the new Miss Universe goes to Canada for her VISA. In my case, it was a good thing because I could meet my friends and teachers back from I was living in Canada for my high school graduation. It was such a privilege time to spend with my dear old friends again .....

Now, I am fully focusing on studying about AIDS/HIV and Alzheimer disease. I often attend AIDS and HIV's session with many volunteer people. I feel very privileged that I can be involved in those charity groups. Together with Rachel, Miss USA and Katie, Miss teen USA we went to Indiana for 3 days to participate in a big charity event held over there. It was our first trip together and I had a so much fun with them and also with many kids! It was an amazing charity experience for me in Indiana. I

I met a girl who is both blind and autistic, and she is a pro-pianist. Her performance was INCREDIBLE. When she played she moved every single person's heart in the audience. You could feel her passion, despair and hope in her music. When I did a speech I could not bring myself to say the worlds "disable people" because they are each so talented, so unique, hard worker and with such a great personality.

They told me always that they will never give up. Then afterwards I was thinking: "I have nothing in my life to complain about, I have no right to...." I was even ashamed thinking of me sometimes complaining about little things". Their are moments, experiences like this in life that make you understand about how much charity work can became one of your passion in life. This day was for sure one of them. I am glad to be given this chance throughout my work as Miss Universe, the opportunity to bring a light of hope, and a moment of true happiness in the life of those less fortunate than me.

Every morning at 9am, I am at the gym with my personal trainer. She is really great. I am getting very fit and I feel this is important for my mental balance. I am getting along very well with both Rachel and Katie my 2 roommates. We are followed by a MTV crew, and every of our moves are on film. people will really see that we are working really hard! Can't wait to see the show. I will let you know the dates to watch it if you are in the States. I hope that MTV Japan will also air it.

I shot several times with Fadil Berisha, you can see the photos under the Fashion Photos section at the www.missuniverse.com website. A real treat to shoot with such a talented photographer. I shot for 3 fashion US magazines lately and also did a very stylish-dramatic shoot for Numero Japan.

I have so many more things to tell you, to share with you.... but I should go to a meeting at the Miss Universe office now. And, I cannot be late!!

Oh, one more thing to tell you, I am going to beautiful Indonesia next week for a 11 days promotional tour! This is my first long travel commitment overseas and I will take lots of pictures to post on my blog. Also, I am so excited to see Miss Indonesia because she was my best friend in the Miss Universe pageant!

Thank you for reading my blog! And see you soon!

Love, Riyo
this is her message from her blog

No comments: